Beltmann Basics: What to do1 week before your move
April 13, 2015
This is the week! The week you move…new things are on the horizon. But, before you daydream about your next adventure, let’s get some things done. Here’s a list of things to do to prep you for the week ahead, plus a review of things you should have already accomplished.
Here are some things you should be thinking about if you’re plans include moving this week.
- Call your mover to confirm move date and time
- Transfer bank accounts and pay remaining bills
- Defrost your refrigerator and prep your appliances
- Donate or use your food (See Move for Hunger link below)
- If packing, pack the majority of things into boxes
- Pack a suitcase of things you’ll need
- Notify the following people of your move:
- Post office
- Credit cards
- Government offices
- Home care services
- Forward your mail to your new home (See link below)
Here are some websites that might help you with the above tasks:
- Defrost Your refrigerator in 12 Steps: http://www.wikihow.com/Defrost-a-Freezer
- Donate non-perishable foods: http://moveforhunger.org/
- USPS Change of Address Form: https://www.usps.com/umove/
If you ever having any questions about the moving process, we are always available to help you. You can call us at 888-251-0892, we’re more than just a Chicago Mover – we have locations all across the U.S. and networks across the world. We are looking forward to helping you make your next move and easy one!
November 7, 2019
October 23, 2019