How to Keep Your House Clean: The Power of 10-Minute Cleaning Bursts
August 19, 2022
One thing that has proven itself true again this year is that at times, life certainly does get hectic. Be it our work or family obligations, social gatherings or volunteer commitments, our calendars are often quite full.
And it doesn’t really matter whether we hire a professional cleaning service or not, even the busiest people can benefit from a little extra cleaning burst here and there. Squeezing in 10 minutes of speed cleaning daily can transform a home — and your life, especially if you have other family members who can get involved.
In no particular order, here are 35 easy 10-minute cleaning tasks you can successfully tackle at least once a day.
- Make the bed.
- Clean your mirrors.
- Empty the dishwasher.
- Scrub a bathtub or a shower.
- Clear out old food from the refrigerator.
- Find three items to donate.
- Start a load of laundry.
- Empty the garbage.
- Strip the bed sheets.
- Water your plants.
- Put away a load of laundry.
- Delete 100 emails.
- Clean the kitchen counters.
- Sweep the floors.
- Vacuum a room.
- Dust a room.
- Wipe down the appliances.
- Clean the inside and outside of the microwave.
- Wipe out the utensil drawer.
- Dust a room of picture frames and hanging artwork.
- Clean a toilet (or two!).
- Change out the bathroom towels.
- Clean off a toothbrush holder or soap dispenser.
- Hang up clean or “in-between washing” clothes.
- Iron a few shirts.
- Wipe down kitchen and/or bathroom baseboards.
- Dust some light fixtures.
- Clean out the pet’s food area.
- Return five things to where they belong (i.e., things that need to go upstairs or downstairs, etc.)
- Clean off a ceiling fan’s blades.
- Wipe down all the light fixtures in an entire floor.
- Purge a toy box of old toys (or electronics) to donate or throw away.
- Clean out your car windshield and dash board.
- Scour the kitchen or bathroom sink.
- Make a to-do list of all the other things you want to clean this week.
The bottom line is, even if you actually don’t enjoy cleaning, it’s easy to find some music, a TV show, or a podcast to distract you and crank through 10-12 minutes a day.
At Beltmann, we’d love to help you prepare for any upcoming moving and storage needs, whether that’s simply across town or a full long-distance relocation. Contact us today for a free contactless quote, and we’d be happy to help walk you through the process.
September 21, 2023
September 8, 2023
August 31, 2023