April in Milwaukee: 5 Events You Must Attend
April 3, 2012
Maybe by April all the items your Milwuakee mover unpacked will finally be put away. You will be ready to get out of the house, and these five events are great options.
1. Rummage-a-rama will help you find those needed items to make your house a home. Shop 100 different rummage sales, with a wide variety of things for sale to be sure. This is a Milwaukee tradition you won’t want to miss. Takes place April 14-15 at the Wisconsin Products Pavilion at Wisconsin State Fair Park.
2. Check out the Wustum Museum behind the scenes. Take a studio tour of the Arts Program, one of the largest in a Wisconsin museum. Explore and learn what classes are offered, meet the artists and instructors, and shop for original art. April 15 from 11:00am-5:00pm. Suggested donation of $5.
3. Show your love of the Earth at Milwaukee’s Earth Day Celebration. Presented by the city, the celebration will take place adjacent to City Hall. Learn about the city’s new sustainability plan, hear from Mayor Tom Barrett, and enjoy the live music of Evan Christian. Food will be available from local vendors. Takes place April 20 at 11:00am.
4. Enjoy the Lynden Sculpture Garden during the “Kites over Lynden” event. At this special event to welcome spring, you can bring your own kite to fly, or take an informal kite-making workshop. Learn about the summer programs offered at Lynden. Noon to 4:00pm on April 22.
5. As a sure sign of spring, take the kids to see the Easter bunny. He will be at the Mayfair Mall until April 8. Photos can be purchased, and all children will receive a free gift from the Easter bunny.
Wave goodbye to your Milwaukee mover, and get out your schedule. Put some of these events on it for a fun April in your new city.
(Photo attributed to Flickr member @jessicafm via the creative common license)