Kansas City by the Numbers
February 16, 2012
Before you call your Kansas City movers and plan for a move, take a look at these statistics for Kansas City.
- The population in 2009 was 482,299.
- The median age is 34 years.
- Estimated median household income is $41,999.
- Estimated median house or condo value is $138,300.
- Median gross rent is $725.
- 56% of the population is Caucasian, 28% African-American, 10% Hispanic, 2% Asian.
- The cost of living index in Kansas City is 88, with the U.S. average being 100.
- The population density is 1538 people per square mile.
- 82.5% are educated at a high school level, 25.7% at a Bachelor’s degree or higher, 8.7% at a Graduate or professional degree.
- 25,632 residents are foreign born.
- Median real estate property taxes for housing units with mortgages are $1785.
- Unemployment in March 2011 was 9.6%.
- There are 2,033 full-time law enforcement employees.
- Percentage of residents living in poverty is 16.7%.
- The Air Quality Index is about average at 31.0.
- The average household size is 2.4.
- The percentage of family households is 58.4%.
- 51.23% of the population is affiliated with a religious organization.
- 32.5% of people were never married, 45.1% are currently married, and 13.1% are divorced.
- The most common industries are accommodation and food service (8%), construction (8%), and professional, scientific, and technical services (7%).
- The most common occupations are building and grounds cleaning and maintenance (5%), other management occupation (5%), and computer specialists (5%).
Now that you know more about Kansas City by the numbers, you’ll be more prepared to move. Call you Kansas City movers and schedule your move today.
(Photo attributed to flickr member @timsamoff via the creative common license)
July 16, 2020
July 8, 2020