Best Milwaukee Neighborhoods: Cedarburg
December 28, 2012
Before you call your Milwaukee mover, you’ll want to do your research and find a neighborhood in Milwaukee that’s the right fit for you. With so many options to choose from, you’ll want to investigate, review and visit each community before you make a buying decision.
Here’s a quick run-down of Cedarburg and why you might want to call this Milwaukee suburb your new home.
Location: Cedarburg is located just 20 miles north of Milwaukee.
- Easy access to I-94
- Located on the banks of Cedar Creek
- Historical tourist area
- Five-story stone gristmill (now a brewing company)
- Woolen mill (now a historical shopping and tourist destination)
- Two historic districts – Washington Avenue and Columbia Road
- The last covered bridge in the state of Wisconsin
- Over six city parks
- Cross country skiing in the winter
- Canoeing in the summer
- FORBES MAGAZINE ranked Ozaukee County the 2nd Best Place in the nation to raise a family (2008)
- MONDAY MAGAINE ranked Ozaukee County the 19th Best Place in the nation for a long life, with a life expectancy of just under 80 years
- Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts Exam (WKCE) scores for 3rd, 4th, 8th and 10th graders rated the Cedarburg School District 2nd out of 50 school districts in southeastern Wisconsin
- High graduation rates
- Low crime rates
- High standard of living
- UW-Population Health Institute report ranked Ozaukee County the healthiest in the state
- Congestion – especially in the summer
- Commute into the city
If you’re looking for a purely unique area to call home, Cedarburg might be the place for you. This quaint community has a lot to offer its residents and is worth a visit.
July 16, 2020
July 8, 2020