Best Milwaukee Neighborhoods: Bayside
December 26, 2012
As your preferred Milwaukee mover we enjoy offering local advice to our customers about the area. Especially when looking for a neighborhood that’s the right fit for your family, you can never been too cautious. It’s best to always check with locals and get multiple opinions on a certain area before you buy a home.
After reviewing Bay View, last week – we’re going to take you to the more affluent village of Bayside for a quick overview of why you might want to call this popular area of Milwaukee ‘home’.
Location: Located in northeast Milwaukee County, Bayside’s boundaries include: Highway 43 to the west, the Village of Fox Point to the south and Lake Michigan to the east.
- Population 4,518
- Median Age: 46
- Median Household Income: $88,300
- Average Home Price: $323,900
- Schlitz Audubon Nature Center: 185-acres of nature preserve on the shore of Lake Michigan
- Wooden areas
- Close to the center of Milwaukee
- Variety of housing options
- House options in all budgets (50’s and 60’s style ranches, farm houses and mansions)
- Short commute to downtown
- Two public primary school districts serve Bayside
- Has its own dedicated police department
- Compared to the rest of the U.S. Bayside’s cost of living is 25% higher than the U.S. average
- Limited shops, restaurants, entertainment or businesses (mostly residential)
If you’re looking for a wooded refuge away from the city, Bayside might be the right neighborhood for you. Tucked away on the northeast side of town, you can find housing options in almost any budget.
August 7, 2020
July 16, 2020