Our Local Movers in Atlanta, GA Offer this List of FAQs
If you’re looking at moving to Atlanta, Georgia, you may be looking for some FAQs about the process. Here are some answers from local movers in Atlanta
Are you looking at moving to Atlanta in the nearby future? You may be wondering what some other movers have found about the moving process. Beltmann Moving and Storage has collected some common questions from local movers in Atlanta and compiled them here with some answers.
What should I do to prepare for the move?
In the day or two right before moving day, make sure all trash is out of the house so it doesn’t accidentally get packed away with your other belongings. You should also have dishes and clothes cleaned and completely dried so they’re ready to pack.
Take the time to fold or hang your clothes yourself. Movers won’t fold or hang laundry during the packing process. Make sure nothing is in the washer, dryer, or dishwasher. Take time to go over the list of what your local movers of Atlanta cannot move while they’re helping you pack.
What should I keep accessible on the moving day?
In all the chaos of a move, there are some items which people find themselves running to the store for last-minute after accidentally packing them away in boxes. Here are some things to keep handy so you don’t have to run to Walmart throughout the day:
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Trash bags
- Paper plates and eating utensils
- Dish soap/hand soap
- Breakfast bars, granola bars, other non-messy snacks
- All-purpose kitchen knife
- Matches and a flashlight
- First Aid kit
How can I save money during a move?
There are a lot of ways to cut down on costs, but here are 5 things you could do to make your move a little less of a bite to the wallet:
- Keep only what you want. This helps reduce items to be moved and cost of a mover.
- Be willing to part. Things like bulky desks, workbenches, and other larger furniture can be bought for the new home for relatively cheap, which will save money in the long run for not having to pay movers to get these pieces packed and transported and unpacked.
- Collect deposits. If you’re renting, make sure you get security deposits back.
- Sell furniture. Some things can’t go with you, but others may want them.
- Check insurance. You may have paid upfront for your year policy to cover an entire year, and if you’re moving you may qualify for a pro-rated refund.
What Items are Illegal for your trucks to transport?
There are certain items that are illegal for our trucks and local movers in Atlanta to transport. You can carry them yourselves or dispose of them properly before your move.
- Adhesives of any kind
- Fire Extinguishers
- Aerosol Cans
- Opened Fireworks
- Propane Tanks
- Petroleum Products
- Lawn Chemicals
- Shellac & Varnishes
- Lighter Fluid
- Wood Stains
- Charcoal Briquettes
- Liquid Cleaners
- Welding Gases
- Scuba Tanks
At Beltmann Moving and Storage we provide more than just moving and storage services. We offer packing services as well as tips, checklists, and advice to ensure your move is smooth, stress-free and as safe as possible. Give our Atlanta movers a call today to learn more about our moving and packing services and how we can assist your moving day.