Milwaukee Living: Top 2013 Home Events
January 29, 2013
If you’re moving to Milwaukee, you’re probably excited to get settled. As a new homeowner, you might be interested to learn about some exciting events that are going on around the city. Many will help you get your home spruced up and ready for the year ahead. Here’s a run-down of our top can’t-miss events:
Boerner Botanical Gardens
The Boerner Botanical Gardens hosts education classes and events of all types. Here’s list of some of our favorites:
- Bottle Garden and Water Plants: March 9, 2013
- Urban Garden Design Basics: March 21, 2013
- Start Perennials the Easy Way: March 30, 2013
Registration and fees required. 9400 Boerner Drive, Hales Corners. (414) 525-5659; www.boernerbotanicalgardens.org.
My Table Gallery
My Table Gallery offers hands-on workshops in painting techniques for furniture and home décor. It’s located at 5435 S. 108th St., Hales Corners and you can contact them at (262) 682-0101. Here are some of their upcoming events:
- Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. Feb. 13 and Feb. 16. $95.
- Funk Your Junk. Feb. 18. $125