Among Top Moving Companies In Orlando, FL, Beltmann Answers Your FAQs
To help ensure your next move goes off without a hitch Beltmann Moving and Storage, among top moving companies in Orlando, FL answers the most common FAQs.
To get you started:
- If you aren’t using it, don’t ship it.
- If you don’t fold/hang your clothes, the packers won’t either.
- Disconnect your electronics/appliances/remove ink and toner cartridges.
- Read the Moving Guide supplied by local moving companies in Orlando, FL.
There are a lot of things that the US Department of Transportation won’t let local moving companies or anywhere else put in the back of their moving trucks. The list is quite long and includes:
- Alcohol/ Ammonia/ Bleach/ Cleaners/ Disinfectants
- Adhesives of any kind/ Aerosol Cans/ Ammunition
- Batteries/ Charcoal Briquettes/ Fire Extinguishers
- Lawn Chemicals/ Lighters/Matches/ Opened Fireworks
- Liquid Cleaners/ Petroleum Products/ Gasoline/ Kerosene/ Lighter Fluid
- Polishes/ Propane Tanks/Scuba Tanks/ Shellac & Varnishes/Paints/ welding tanks
Along with all of this, if you plan to store some of your possessions when you get to your new home, be sure to let the movers know. This way, they can have the loaders keep the boxes and items separate, making them easier to find and unload.
What, If Anything Should I Keep Out for the Day the Movers Come?
When one of the local moving companies in Orlando, FL comes to your home, there are several things you should keep on hand, especially if you aren’t leaving your home right away.
- Breakfast bars, protein bars/ Coffee, coffee filters and coffee maker
- Kitchen knife/ can opener/saucepan/Toaster
- Mug, plate, fork, knife, spoon for each member of the family
- First aid kit/Flashlight/candles/matches/ Garbage bags
- Cleaner (unopened)/ Salt and pepper/ Scissors or box cutter
I Am Moving Several Valuable Items, Is There Anything I Should Do?
If you are planning to let one of the local moving companies in Orlando transport anything valued at more than $1,000, you should ask them for a separate “High-Value Item” form to list them on. For anything of significant value, you should have the item (s) appraised. Be sure you give the driver a copy of the appraisal and consider separate insurance. Letting the movers know about these items will ensure they take a little extra care when loading/unloading them. If you plan to move your personal safe, it must be empty and left unlocked.
What Doesn’t the North American Protection Policy Cover?
There are several things this policy does not cover including:
- Negotiable Instruments/ Receipts/ Stocks/Bonds/ Tax Records
- Jewelry/ Precious Stones/ Medications
- Coin/Stamp/ Card Collections/ Currency/Money
- Computer Backup Disks/ Software Licenses
- Appraisals/ Deeds// Legal Documents/ Manuscripts/ Passports
Do You Have Any Ideas How We Can Save On Our Moving Costs?
Start with how much you are shipping, the more you move the more it costs; declutter your home before your choice of local moving companies in Orlando, FL arrive.
- Have a garage sale, donate what’s left.
- If your new home won’t have room for certain items, don’t pay to move them.
- If you have CDs/DVDs, copy them to your computer and sell them to a music store.
- Don’t waste money shipping things like heavy workbenches or stools.
- Pack smaller items in your large planters.
- Avoid shipping things like firewood, lumber, garden supplies, and of course anything on the Do Not Ship List.
- If you have a pool table, a piano, or bulky pieces of furniture, sell them or see if the new owner of your home is interested in buying them.
- If you have utility deposits, advance payments on things like country clubs or fitness clubs, see if you can get a partial refund.
- Talk to your insurance agent to see if you can transfer your homeowner’s insurance or get a refund of the balance.
Can I Deduct Any of My Moving Expenses?
This question is best answered by a certified tax consultant, but local moving companies in Orlando says these are among the most common acceptable deductions:
- Any hotel and meal expenses incurred during your move.
- The cost of transporting a car to your new home.
- The cost of having a family pet shipped to your new home.
- The packing, moving and unpacking your household goods.
Any tax deductions you may be eligible for must meet certain criteria, including:
- If you are moving to a new job.
- If your new job will be at least fifty miles from your old one and closer to your new home.
- If you plan to work a minimum of 39 weeks during the first year after you move.
- If you are self-employed, you must work at least 39 weeks during the first year and 72 weeks during the first 24 months.
- If you are moving out of the country for your job or are in the military.
Is There Anything Special I Should Do the Day Before the Movers Come?
- Local moving companies in Orlando ask that you clean and dry all appliances if the water freezes it can damage seals and mechanical components.
- Your dishes need to be washed and dried to reduce the risk of mold and bacteria.
- All appliances need to be unplugged, disconnected and ready to move (mark all cables).
- If you are moving computers, be sure you back them up in the cloud, discs, or on external hard drives that can be packed in padded boxes.
- If your printers have ink or toner cartridges in them, remove them as the moving company will not pay for anything that is damaged by a spill or leak.
- Fold or hang clothes, the packers will not do this for you, they will simply be packed in boxes.
Are There Any Reservations Those Who Live In an Apartment Building Need to Make?
You need to talk to the building manager or landlord to see if you need to:
- Reserve the main elevator or if there is one, the service elevator while your choice of local moving companies in Orlando, FL is working.
- If the moving company will need a parking permit, you should secure one for them.
- You should check to make sure the parking lot is big enough for a 75-foot-long truck.
What Last-Minute Things Do I Need to Do?
- You need to take everything off the walls including paintings, photographs, curtains, and blinds.
- You need to strip all bedding from the mattresses.
- You need to remove liquids, fragile items, and liquids from dresser drawers.
- Empty the refrigerator and fridge of any perishable foods.
- Get rid of any last-minute items you aren’t planning for your choice of local moving companies in Orlando, FL to pack and move.
- You should not tape any boxes you have packed as they must be inspected for things you aren’t allowed to ship.
- You need to keep your suitcases and anything else you plan to take with you in the car, plane, or train separate from everything else, so they don’t end up in the moving truck.