What Questions Should I Ask my Moving Company?
June 28, 2012
Before you choose a Kansas City mover, you should be prepared to ask a lot of questions up front. Then, once you commit to a company there are questions to be asked about the actual move.
Ask before committing to a moving company:
1. How long have you been in business?
2. Can I have a reference of a satisfied customer?
3. Can I see your license and certification?
4. Will you do an in-home estimate?
5. Will the movers who arrive on moving day be employees or contracted labor?
6. What extra services will I be charged for?
7. What is your cancellation policy?
8. Do you accept cash, check, or charge?
9. Will you guarantee a delivery date?
10. What is your inventory system?
Ask after you have chosen a company:
1. What is my role on moving day?
2. If I choose to pack myself, do you have restrictions on types of materials I use?
3. What can I do to make your job easier?
4. Is my house accessible by your truck?
5. Who will be in charge on moving day?
6. When will you explain to me your system of inventory?
7. How will you pack my fragile items?
8. What cannot go on the truck?
9. What can I do before you come to prepare?
10. What is most important to remember on moving day?
With these questions answered, you should be well informed about the process and workings of the Kansas City mover you chose.
(Photo attributed to Flickr member @wordridden via the creative common license)