Milwaukee By The Numbers
February 21, 2012
You may want to look into the statistics of the place you will be calling home. Before you call your Milwaukee movers, check out these numbers for the city.
- Population is 604,133.
- Median resident age is 30.6 years.
- Estimated median household income is $34,868.
- Estimated median house or condo value is $139,100.
- Median gross rent is $735.
- The city is 42% Caucasian, 36.8% African-American, 15.6% Hispanic, and 3.3% Asian.
- 20.9% of residents have a German ancestry, 9.6% Polish, 6.3% Irish, 2.9% Italian and 2.6% English.
- Population density is 6,289 people per square mile.
- 74.8% have a high school diploma, 18.3% have a Bachelor’s degree, 6% have a graduate or professional degree.
- 41.4% were never married, 38.3% are now married, 11.1% are divorced, and 6.6% are widowed.
- 46,122 residents are foreign born.
- Unemployment is 10.4%.
- Full-time law enforcement employees, including police officers is 2,403.
- Most common industries are accommodation and food services (9%), educational services (7%), and construction (6%).
- Most common occupations are production occupations including supervisors (5%), building and grounds cleaning and maintenance occupations (5%), and metal workers and plastic workers (5%).
- Air Quality Index (AQI) level is 37.4. This is about average.
- Average household size is 2.5 people.
- Percentage of family households is 58.2%.
- Percentage of population affiliated with religious congregations is 47.46%.
Knowing these statistics gives you a glimpse into the city you’ll be calling home. Call your Milwaukee movers today. They will be ready to pack up your things and ship them to Wisconsin.
(Photo attributed to flickr member @kla4067 via the creative common license)
July 16, 2020
July 8, 2020