Benefits of Pet Ownership
February 18, 2013
No family would think of moving and leaving their beloved pet behind.
There are many different reasons why we should own a pet, but here are some psychological benefits that we could all use:
1. Helps reduce stress.
2. Helps ward off depression and loneliness. Boosts self-esteem.
3. Great way to exercise. Taking your dog for a walk is good for both of you.
4. Helps us to feel safe and protected.
5. Teaches us the true meaning of unconditional love.
6. Teaches us to have fun and play. Playing with your pet elevates your serotonin and dopamine levels, which produces good feelings and elevates moods.
7. Less signs of heart disease and lowers blood pressure.
8. Having a pet gives the same benefits as having a best friend: a feeling of connectedness and love.
9. Socialization. Walking the dog in your new neighborhood is a great way to meet people, especially other dog owners.
10. Affection. When all else fails, hug the dog or cat.
A move can be stressful, but once your Milwaukee mover has left, your family can relax and enjoy time with your favorite animal companion. Whether it’s a dog, cat, hamster, bird, or whatever pet you have, there are benefits for both of you.
(Photo attributed to Flickr member @jeffreyw via the Creative Commons license.)
August 7, 2020
July 16, 2020