Beltmann Basics: What to do on moving day!
April 16, 2015
It’s moving day and you have a million things going on. The first thing you should do today, is breathe…it’s going to be OK. Hopefully you’ve hired a moving company that is going to take the stress out of the day (instead of add to it).
Here’s your moving day checklist
- Like we said, first breathe – stay calm
- Keep important phone numbers handy
- Make copies of your new floor plan and labeling system
- Do a run through of your home to ensure you have everything
- Pick up some water for you and your family
- Plan something fun to do while the movers are moving in your things
- Get the contact information for your moving crew so they can notify you when finished
- Do a walk through before they leave to ensure everything is in its place
Here are some websites that might help you with the above tasks:
- 101 Fun things to Do with Your Family in the Summer: http://www.parenting.com/article/fun-things-to-do-summer
- USPS Change of Address Form: https://www.usps.com/umove/
If you ever having any questions about the moving process, we are always available to help you. You can call us at 888-251-0892, we’re more than just a Chicago mover – we have locations all across the U.S. and networks across the world. We are looking forward to helping you make your next move and easy one!